Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone doesn't recognize that I have an Apple Music subscription

When I choose "For You" on my iPhone 11pro it wants me to sign up for a free trial. I am already participating in a free trial (family) which I purchased on my iMac. Also, when I go to Music in my Family Sharing on my iMac, it asks me to sign up for a trial. What settings have I missed?

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 9:16 AM

Hey Nancy Saxhaug,

I understand you're seeing a prompt regarding a trial for Apple Music, but you are already participating. I'll be happy to help out.

Make sure that you're signed in with your Apple ID on both devices: Sign in to the App Store and iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Apple TV - Apple Support. If you're signed in, follow this resource: If you don't see your family's shared content - Apple Support. It has some great steps like making sure that the settings are correct for Family Sharing and to try some troubleshooting steps like signing out and back in with the Apple ID. 

Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2019 9:16 AM in response to Nancy Saxhaug

Hey Nancy Saxhaug,

I understand you're seeing a prompt regarding a trial for Apple Music, but you are already participating. I'll be happy to help out.

Make sure that you're signed in with your Apple ID on both devices: Sign in to the App Store and iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Apple TV - Apple Support. If you're signed in, follow this resource: If you don't see your family's shared content - Apple Support. It has some great steps like making sure that the settings are correct for Family Sharing and to try some troubleshooting steps like signing out and back in with the Apple ID. 

Have a great day.

My iPhone doesn't recognize that I have an Apple Music subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.