Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist Sorted incorrectly on iPod Touch

I can "re-sort" Smart Playlists in "new iTunes" (View > as Songs > clicking on "Album"), but it does not Sync to my iPod Touch, where the Playlists are all stuck sorted by Artist, in reverse-alphabetical order. (I assume this must be the default behavior for adding new songs from iTunes, because the Playlists were never sorted as such in iTunes or "new iTunes".) How do I get this behavior to correctly copy to the iPod?

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 1:34 PM

After sorting a list the way that you want it try right-clicking on the playlist name and clicking Copy to Play Order. It may also help in some cases to disable the option for Live Updating.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Playlist Sorted incorrectly on iPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.