Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not wanting photos shared on both iPhone and Macbook

A few years ago I guess I changed a setting in my MacBook and since then all of my almost 25,000 pictures are also on my iPhone. I would like to remove at least 20,000 of them from my IPhone but keep them on my MacBook.

If I turn off iCloud on my iPhone, all photos except for the last 100 are deleted. But I want more than those 100 pictures on my phone. How do I go about doing that? I'd like to keep pictures on my phone but not all 25,000. I would like my pictures to go onto my MacBook, but not to go back onto my iPhone.

Is there a way to make this happen?

I waited on hold for over 40 mins to get to talk to a creative employee with apple, but no response as of yet. Hoping to reach someone here for more information as well.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 8:45 AM

iCloud doesn't work in the way you wish it to work as described in your post above. It works to sync all of your photos across all devices, making them easily and readily available to you at any time. Delete one photos or video on one device, and it's deleted on all devices.

Similar questions

1 reply

Not wanting photos shared on both iPhone and Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.