Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leapfrog Monitor and other old software

I promise I have a question at the end of this post. I wanted to share my own answer to this question:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7888973

I had the same issue: leapfrogmonitor.app was still running and sometimes causing error messages to pop up. I have not run the leapfrog app since maybe 8 years and 3 Macs ago. Steps to remove:

1. Find leapfrogmonitor.app process on the activity monitor.
  2. Double-click on the process in activity monitor to open up a detail window. Identify the directory based on the log in that window (/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/LeapFrogConnect/LeapFrogMonitor.app/Contents/MacOS/LeapFrogMonitor)
  3. Delete files
  4. Go back to activity monitor and quit the leapfrogmonitor.app process.

Seems to have done the trick. Will go through and see what other old software is laying around. Which brings me to my question:

Where should I look to find a definitive list of processes initiated at startup. System Prefs >>> Users & Groups >> Login Items is a joke. I only have 2 things there and obviously a lot more things going on in the background.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 7:43 PM

Are you on macOS Catalina? If not, I wonder if you updated, that it would actually terminate the process, unless it supports 64-bit, since Catalina removed 32-bit support. If you are on Mojave still there is a boot arg you can add to have the Mac boot and not run 32 bit apps.

Hope this helps!

(Edit: Typo)

Similar questions

2 replies

Leapfrog Monitor and other old software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.