Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Citrix Receiver

I just cannot get this application removed from my system. Every time I power down or restart my MacBook there is the logo on the top again. I have researched the installation from the Citrix Support Knowledge Center and followed these steps:

Instructions

After uninstalling the Receiver and rebooting the system, ensure that the files or folders listed in this section have been removed from your system. If they still exist, remove them manually.

1. /Applications-
  2. Citrix Receiver.app
  3. /Library
  4. - /Internet plug-ins/CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin
  5. - /LaunchAgents/com.citrix.AuthManager_Mac.plist
  6. - /LaunchAgents/com.citrix.ServiceRecords.plist
  7. /Users/Shared
  8. - /Citrix/Receiver Integration (entire folder)
  9. ~/Library
  10. - /Internet plug-ins/CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin
  11. - /Application Support/Citrix Receiver
  12.     - CitrixID
  13.     - Config
  14.     - Module
  15. - /Preferences/com.citrix.receiver.nomas.plist
  16. - /Preferences/com.citrix.receiver.nomas.plist.lockfile
  17. - /Preferences/com.citrix.ReceiverFTU.AccountRecords.plist (added in 11.6)
  18. - /Preferences/com.citrix.ReceiverFTU.AccountRecords.plist.lockfile (added in 11.6)
  19. ~/Applications
  20. - Under this folder, you can delete any applications you previously added via the Receiver UI.
  21. /private/var/db/receipts
  22. - com.citrix.ICAClient.bom
  23. - com.citrix.ICAClient.plist

I've done a search in this community and noticed other users with the same concern. I followed recommended procedures there. Nothing has worked.

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 7:39 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 28, 2019 3:40 PM in response to Todd M.

If this is an IT-managed system, contact the associated IT support folks.

Otherwise, make a couple of external backups and then wipe the system and reinstall, and don't migrate over the apps.

This given the Citrix Receiver removal documentation is apparently not working, other resources such as an available removal video are not helping, and you've not had success contacting Citrix support for assistance.

Citrix Receiver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.