Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy Not Responding

The problem:

I need to allow camera for browser and after touching the Security & Privacy. Immediately after that System Preferences hangs.

I notice this problem after the last Catalina update (10.15.1). Although, I'm not opening this tab very often, I'm sure it's related to Catalina.

Console log:

Dec 13 07:17:37 macabook com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.remoteservice.30883): 
Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = 
/Library/Apple/System/Library/Frameworks/SafariServices.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.SafariServices.ExtensionHelper.xpc error = 122: 
Path had bad ownership/permissions, origin = 
/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Security.prefPane/Contents/XPCServices/com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice.xpc

Dec 13 07:17:37 macabook com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.remoteservice.30883): 
Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = 
/Library/Apple/System/Library/Frameworks/SafariServices.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.SafariServices.xpc error = 122: 
Path had bad ownership/permissions, origin = 
/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Security.prefPane/Contents/XPCServices/com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice.xpc

Dec 13 07:17:37 macabook com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice[30883]: objc[30883]: 
Class AWDSecurityPrefAutoUnlockSetup is implemented in both 
/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Security.prefPane/Contents/XPCServices/com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice (0x107217768) 
and 
/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Security.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/Security (0x109b34180). 
One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

I tried the following:

1. Reboot my macbook pro multiple times, including safe mode reboot.
  2. Delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ contents.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 10:37 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 13, 2019 2:33 AM in response to kvaDrug

Another problem, probably related: macOS 10.15.2 is not installing! It downloads, I reboot the mac and then it's downloaded again. I had the same problem with SF Symbols app - it wasn't able to finish the update. I thought that this is the problem connected with that app and removed it. But now I'm pretty sure I have a malware. Now I'm copying important files and then I'll reinstall macOS from scratch.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy Not Responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.