Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update and Restore Disabled Iphone

I forgot the passcode of my old iphone 4s unfortunately upon several attempt the device was disabled. I tried to restore and update it thru finders but doesnt work. It always revert back to disabled iphone.

Anybody encountered the same issues here?

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 6:47 AM

Follow the instructions here: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

Note that you MUST have a valid SIM installed to activate it.

it also looks like you have assistive touch turned on. If your power or home button are physically not working, you will need to get it repaired before you can successfully restore it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 6:47 AM in response to mykol.tan

Follow the instructions here: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

Note that you MUST have a valid SIM installed to activate it.

it also looks like you have assistive touch turned on. If your power or home button are physically not working, you will need to get it repaired before you can successfully restore it.

Dec 10, 2019 7:20 PM in response to KiltedTim

When i plugged it to my MacAir the following are my steps:

1. Plugged the usb cable

2. Turn-off my iphone 4s

3. Plugged the usb cable to my iphone 4s then press and hold home button until the itune display appears at my iphone 4s.

4. Finder pop up and inhave two options: update or restore

5. I choose restore, then appears update OS 9.x.x someting then i click next, then T&C then i acceptes it.

6. Finder informs its downloading and restore after the download.

7. Waiting for more tha 10 to 15 minutes, then my iphone 4s restarted but dowloading the as expected. Appears my phone is disabled.

8. Repeatnit several times already but the same issues encountered.

Any idea. Thanks.

Update and Restore Disabled Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.