Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The AirPods Pro keep on falling out of my ears. I have tried all ear tips!!!

I can't keep the AirPods pro in my ears. Any recommendations?

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 10:23 AM

I’m having the same issue. If I chew, run or workout, or just do nothing for a small period of time, all three tip sizes unseal and I have to keep pushing them back in. Any suggestions Apple?? No matter what I do the tips unseal and eventually fall out

19 replies

Mar 26, 2020 12:27 PM in response to Amh4005

Anyone else rather peeved to pay $250 for boujee earplugs that don’t even stay in your ears? I like to listen while washing dishes and am constantly rushing to dry a hand to shove my AirPod pro back in my ear before it falls in the sink. I want to try the foam tip idea but rather disappointed in the product that we have to do modifications just to use the product for more than a few minutes at a time.

Apr 17, 2020 8:03 AM in response to djm1339

Here are 2 solutions I've been using to address the issue of Airpods falling out of your ears.

1) Crazy Glue works well. Don't try this at home.

In all seriousness...

1) Try putting them in your ears upside down. Experiment with it. Everyone's ears are different. If you do this, make sure you go into your iPhone Settings/Accessibility/iPods and turn OFF "Noise Cancellation with One Airpod" (at the bottom of menu). Otherwise having them upside down does strange things sometimes.

2) I purchased this rubbery tether from Amazon (see photo). They slip on the bottom of each Airpod connecting them together so you can wear around your neck. I like to twist it around the back of my neck-chain I wear. This doesn't keep them from falling out, but at least if/when they fall out they stay around your neck. They are magnetic to attach together around your neck, not magnetic to attach to each Airpod.

Here's the LINK:

https://www.amazon.com/FONY-Airpods-Magnetic-Anti-Lost-Compatible/dp/B07X7TD9Z4

Jan 24, 2020 9:56 PM in response to novyyynov

im Having the same issue and I have a solution. I tried using Silly Putty and it works, but I fell Asleep with them in watching a movie and the silly putty sticks to the ear tips and won’t come off. Next I’m going to try to secure them I’m using silicon earplugs instead and see if they hold them in my ears without sticking to the soft rubber tips.

another option I may try is using something similar that molds behind the AirPod Pro and keeps the shape of your ear. Earcandi is one brand, but I think they went out of business. There’s another company that makes it now called Radians. Here’s a link.

Radians Custom Molded Earplugs, Orange https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003A28P0M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PG9kEbV2KKP14

Apr 10, 2020 10:44 AM in response to Amh4005

I have the same issue, even with completely clean canals the silicone tips still fall out. I recommend memory foam tips, they have great brands on amazon and instead of the slippery silicone they provide a slow rebuild sponge which help hold them in your ears. Here is the link, hope this helps!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085ZJTMFD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_i5kKEbH76VCN4

Apr 15, 2020 9:04 PM in response to Amh4005

I found this and it seems to help. It’s totally counter-intuitive, but makes sense. Instead of pushing in to your ear canal, push outwards against your ear. It will stay in better. You are letting the tip act as a spring to hold it in place while the inflexible part is held firm to the ear.

“You can just fix that problem by locking the top curvature of the AirPods into the hollow curvature of your ears by just pushing the AirPods backwards into the hollow curvature of your ears after inserting them casually. After locking it there, it never falls out unless you remove it by pulling it forward and outward.”

Push Out! Not in!

The AirPods Pro keep on falling out of my ears. I have tried all ear tips!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.