Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Books Issues

Hello,

Since upgrading to Catalina I've been having quite a few challenges with my audiobooks. All of the books I had when I upgraded to Catalina have been transferred to books. Here are my challenges:

• I ripped a new book from CD into Music AFTER the Catalina upgrade/transfer of audiobooks to Books and can not figure out how to get the newly ripped book from Music to Books
  • Some of the books/MP3s I've added to books since the upgrade to Catalina do not have the 'author' filled out (I bought the MP3 and apparently that wasn't included). I absolutely can not figure out how to add this information, so now I have many books with 'unknown' as the author
  • I ripped a book from CD into Music AFTER the Catalina upgrade/transfer of audiobooks to Books and when I sync to my iPhone half of the tracks show up in Music and the other half are in Books

Any help with these challenges would be greatly appreciated.

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) and an iPhone 8.

Thank you in advance,

Margie

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 2:25 PM

I ripped the book into Music making sure to identify the track number and disc number if applicable. Then I went into books and added the newly ripped book. I had to know the location of the folder where the book was stored to do this which I found using the search feature.

it seems that the issue of half of the tracks being under music and the other half under books is device specific. The new books are syncing fine on my old 5s, but not my 8. Ever since the upgrade to Catalina, when I sync my iPhone 8, a message is returned that there’s is not enough space even though I have 80+ gig of free space. Very frustrating and an issue to still be resolved.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 2:25 PM in response to Esther Yunkin

I ripped the book into Music making sure to identify the track number and disc number if applicable. Then I went into books and added the newly ripped book. I had to know the location of the folder where the book was stored to do this which I found using the search feature.

it seems that the issue of half of the tracks being under music and the other half under books is device specific. The new books are syncing fine on my old 5s, but not my 8. Ever since the upgrade to Catalina, when I sync my iPhone 8, a message is returned that there’s is not enough space even though I have 80+ gig of free space. Very frustrating and an issue to still be resolved.

Catalina Books Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.