Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple iPhone 8 transferring photos to laptop

Until a few weeks ago, I was able to effortlessly transfer photos to my laptop. In the past month or so, it now recognizes my iPhone, reviews my photos and stops. I no longer have the option to transfer them to my laptop.

In addition, my iPhone sees every photo as new, even though many have already been transferred to my laptop.

What can I do to get my photos to load as they used to?

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 5:41 PM

Try using a different import method once or twice it may then correct itself.

You can use Image Capture from the Utilities Folder and even change the setting in Image Capture to open Image Capture, Photos or iPhoto, Preview, etc. when your phone is attached and if using Image Capture the photos can be imported many different places.

Or you can open Photos etc. and import them direct.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 5:41 PM in response to MargoKGT

Try using a different import method once or twice it may then correct itself.

You can use Image Capture from the Utilities Folder and even change the setting in Image Capture to open Image Capture, Photos or iPhoto, Preview, etc. when your phone is attached and if using Image Capture the photos can be imported many different places.

Or you can open Photos etc. and import them direct.

Apple iPhone 8 transferring photos to laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.