Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am taking photos on my iPhone, but they are not transferring to iCloud on my desktop computer

Why don't my iPhone photos transfer to my iMac computer? What button haven't I pushed??

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 9:16 AM

Hi

For your desktop to recieve the images by iCloud, both your phone and your desktop must be syncing with iCloud. You can check if you phone is by logging on to www.icloud.com, using your apple ID, going to the photos section and checking if the photos you take are appearing there.

If they are, then on your mac, first check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it.

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, lots of free space on your mac and phone, and ensure they are both signed into the same apple ID

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 9:16 AM in response to lanibrower

Hi

For your desktop to recieve the images by iCloud, both your phone and your desktop must be syncing with iCloud. You can check if you phone is by logging on to www.icloud.com, using your apple ID, going to the photos section and checking if the photos you take are appearing there.

If they are, then on your mac, first check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it.

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, lots of free space on your mac and phone, and ensure they are both signed into the same apple ID

I am taking photos on my iPhone, but they are not transferring to iCloud on my desktop computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.