Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve recently noticed that my battery is swollen

Hi. I’ve recently noticed that my battery is „swollen”. It’s physically visible as one side of my phone looks damaged.

My question is, would it pay off to exchange it for a new one?

Now, note that I’ve already changed the battery in this phone once. It’s also a phone that has been in use for 4 years now.

It’s an iPhone 6s btw.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 4:09 PM

No. It's time to recycle the phone and purchase a new phone. I wouldn't use the phone either. You should be concerned about the battery exploding, which is a major safety risk. If you have the opportunity to back it up, do so. Then turn it off and buy a new iPhone. You can then set up the new iPhone from the backup of the 6s.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 4:09 PM in response to culaterhoney

No. It's time to recycle the phone and purchase a new phone. I wouldn't use the phone either. You should be concerned about the battery exploding, which is a major safety risk. If you have the opportunity to back it up, do so. Then turn it off and buy a new iPhone. You can then set up the new iPhone from the backup of the 6s.

Dec 9, 2019 3:54 PM in response to culaterhoney

Your phone in that condition will have no value in trade at all. You said the battery was replaced previously. By who? If you had the battery replaced by a 3rd party service provider, the battery would not be an authentic Apple battery and Apple will take no responsibility for it.

I would suggest you schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation, but don't be upset if your phone has no trade value at all.

I’ve recently noticed that my battery is swollen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.