Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP SWOLLEN BATTERY ON IPHONE X

So my iphone x battery is swollen and it is lifting my screen as well. this started in march of 2020 and i’ve had my phone since november 2017. there is nothing wrong with the condition of my phone, no scratches, cracked nor damage. i was wondering if apple would replace the phone free of charge since there is nothing wrong w my phone, only the battery. i am not planning to upgrade my phone bc it is still in good condition, just not the battery.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 9:58 PM

You should stop using your phone immediately! You have been lucky this far with the fact that you first started to notice the swelling over 8 months ago. You should have stopped using it then as this can potentially result in an exploded battery and fire hazard. Whether or not, Apple will offer to replace the battery or the phone would be determined by an Apple technician.

I strongly suggest that you take the phone to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look an provide you with your options. Alternatively, you can contact Apple directly by using the "Contact Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2020 9:58 PM in response to jenelle255

You should stop using your phone immediately! You have been lucky this far with the fact that you first started to notice the swelling over 8 months ago. You should have stopped using it then as this can potentially result in an exploded battery and fire hazard. Whether or not, Apple will offer to replace the battery or the phone would be determined by an Apple technician.

I strongly suggest that you take the phone to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look an provide you with your options. Alternatively, you can contact Apple directly by using the "Contact Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

HELP SWOLLEN BATTERY ON IPHONE X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.