Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory full whilst updating

Whilst doing the latest update I have received the notification that there is not enough memory to continue the update. I cannot login either, after typing in my password the laptop reboots. What options do I have? Thanks

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 7:13 PM

Hello slahde,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your Mac.

Are you able to get the computer to boot to safe mode? Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If so, I recommend making space on your computer, then restarting. You can boot back to safe mode and then try installing the update. How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

If you still receive an alert, please provide it exactly as you see it. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2019 7:13 PM in response to slahde

Hello slahde,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your Mac.

Are you able to get the computer to boot to safe mode? Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If so, I recommend making space on your computer, then restarting. You can boot back to safe mode and then try installing the update. How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

If you still receive an alert, please provide it exactly as you see it. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Memory full whilst updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.