Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Laptop freezing

How do I stop my laptop from freezing? I have been getting a message for months that the memory was low and now it is freezing with each click, even after multiple restarts.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 9:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 10:25 PM

Barbiegran Said:

"Laptop freezing: How do I stop my laptop from freezing? I have been getting a message for months that the memory was low and now it is freezing with each click, even after multiple restarts."

-------

Troubleshooting this:

When you say "memory" do you mean "RAM" or Disk Storage? If little disk storage remains, then system resources are been swallowed up, hence the frozen Mac. So, uninstall items from it. Try doing so in Safe Mode [Hold down the shift key upon boot]. In Safe Mode, login items do not open at login, certain System Preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are intentionally fixed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 10:25 PM in response to Barbiegran

Barbiegran Said:

"Laptop freezing: How do I stop my laptop from freezing? I have been getting a message for months that the memory was low and now it is freezing with each click, even after multiple restarts."

-------

Troubleshooting this:

When you say "memory" do you mean "RAM" or Disk Storage? If little disk storage remains, then system resources are been swallowed up, hence the frozen Mac. So, uninstall items from it. Try doing so in Safe Mode [Hold down the shift key upon boot]. In Safe Mode, login items do not open at login, certain System Preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are intentionally fixed.

Laptop freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.