Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air with 128 Gig SSD.

Just bought a MacBook Air with 128 Gig SSD. Uploaded stuff which has all loaded into the small ICloud allowance. How can you save to the SSD in the device?

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 3:59 AM

It sounds like you activated iCloud Drive. If you do so, by default your browser will automatically point to the iCloud Drive but you can manually select another location with the FileSelector. I use the sidebar to help with this. In my user directory I've created a Local Documents folder and I dragged that into my sidebar. When I want to safe a file into this location after selecting Save I click on that folder in the sidebar and my FileSelector jumps there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2019 3:59 AM in response to LiffordD

It sounds like you activated iCloud Drive. If you do so, by default your browser will automatically point to the iCloud Drive but you can manually select another location with the FileSelector. I use the sidebar to help with this. In my user directory I've created a Local Documents folder and I dragged that into my sidebar. When I want to safe a file into this location after selecting Save I click on that folder in the sidebar and my FileSelector jumps there.

MacBook Air with 128 Gig SSD.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.