Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Numbers and Pages documents won't open on IPad

My IPad (6th generation) is running the most current update of IPadOS. Suddenly, this morning, I can't open Pages or Numbers documents on my IPad (though they open fine on my IMac). The message says:

Can't Open Spreadsheet

(File Name) can't be opened right now.

Numbers couldn't read the file. You

can try restoring to a previous version.

What is going on?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 11:29 AM

Thank you for your response, BreeZee_17. I wasn't having trouble opening the apps. The apps opened fine, but the documents in the apps wouldn't open. Coincidentally, though, I received an IPadOS update and after I installed that, the problem was resolved. :)

2 replies

Dec 13, 2019 11:07 AM in response to CMA

Hey CMA,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're seeing an error when trying to open Numbers or Pages. I definitely know how important it is to get this resolved, and I'm happy to help.

I recommend taking a look at the resource below and working through the steps there to resolve issues with Apps not opening or responding as expected.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won't open

Thanks again, and have a great day!

My Numbers and Pages documents won't open on IPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.