📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music keeps making me sign in over and over

Ever since I updated to the new OS, Music (iTunes) keeps asking me to log in with my Apple ID.

As soon as I log in, it pops up and asks me again. The password is correct as I used it to log in to the support community.

How can we fix this issue?

I'd like to use the music I've paid for.

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 2:37 PM

Hello CherylF86, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. From your message I understand that you're having an issue where the sign in prompt is reoccurring in the Music app. I know how important it is to be able to access your music, and I'm happy to help. 

If this were occurring on my own Mac, I'd work through these steps:

1 - Quit the Music app. If it will not quit, follow these steps to force it to quit: How to force an app to quit on your Mac

2 - Restart your iMac: Go to the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen > Restart. 

3 - Hold down the shift key on the left side of the keyboard as you click to launch the app. This will tell Music to bypass the last saved state the app was in. Once Music begins to bounce in the Dock, you can release the shift key and it will launch. 

4 - Try logging in by going to Account in the menu bar. 

5 - If the issue persists, restart your Mac in safe mode and test again: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

6 - If still occurring in safe mode you’ll need to create a new user and test it out again. This article will show you how: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

I hope this is helpful.

All the best!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 13, 2019 2:37 PM in response to CherylF86

Hello CherylF86, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. From your message I understand that you're having an issue where the sign in prompt is reoccurring in the Music app. I know how important it is to be able to access your music, and I'm happy to help. 

If this were occurring on my own Mac, I'd work through these steps:

1 - Quit the Music app. If it will not quit, follow these steps to force it to quit: How to force an app to quit on your Mac

2 - Restart your iMac: Go to the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen > Restart. 

3 - Hold down the shift key on the left side of the keyboard as you click to launch the app. This will tell Music to bypass the last saved state the app was in. Once Music begins to bounce in the Dock, you can release the shift key and it will launch. 

4 - Try logging in by going to Account in the menu bar. 

5 - If the issue persists, restart your Mac in safe mode and test again: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

6 - If still occurring in safe mode you’ll need to create a new user and test it out again. This article will show you how: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

I hope this is helpful.

All the best!

Music keeps making me sign in over and over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.