Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to create a page of label for mailing purposes. I can't get the avery template on pages. Any suggestions?

I looked on line and it said to go to pages, then view, then select New Inspector but that selection is grey and I can't click on it.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 7:13 PM

Hi Janet,

View menu items let you view certain features applied to the current document. If you haven't created or opened a document, there is nothing for an Inspector to view or inspect, so the choice is not available.

To use an Avery template in Pages, you first need to choose a template matched to the labels you are using, and download that template from Avery's website to your computer. Avery Templates are designed for use with MS Word (and other applications). Pages can open Word documents, so choosing a Word template is likely your best choice.

Once downloaded, you can find the template in your Downloads folder, and open it with Pages.

Regards,

Barry

PS: "I looked on line and it said to go to pages…" doesn't offer much information that would help solve your issue.

WHERE did you look?

WHO or WHAT is "it"?

WHEN did "it" tell you to 'go to pages? (Immediately on opening the page, or after some other instructions? If 'after,' what were the instructions preceding the direction to 'go to pages'?)

Please remember: We're not there, looking over your shoulder. We can't see what you can see. We don't know what you've done unless you tell us. The more information you provide, the more we have to work with in finidn a solution to your issue.

Thank you for providing the model of Mac you are using and the version of macOS it is running.

B

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2019 7:13 PM in response to janetmara

Hi Janet,

View menu items let you view certain features applied to the current document. If you haven't created or opened a document, there is nothing for an Inspector to view or inspect, so the choice is not available.

To use an Avery template in Pages, you first need to choose a template matched to the labels you are using, and download that template from Avery's website to your computer. Avery Templates are designed for use with MS Word (and other applications). Pages can open Word documents, so choosing a Word template is likely your best choice.

Once downloaded, you can find the template in your Downloads folder, and open it with Pages.

Regards,

Barry

PS: "I looked on line and it said to go to pages…" doesn't offer much information that would help solve your issue.

WHERE did you look?

WHO or WHAT is "it"?

WHEN did "it" tell you to 'go to pages? (Immediately on opening the page, or after some other instructions? If 'after,' what were the instructions preceding the direction to 'go to pages'?)

Please remember: We're not there, looking over your shoulder. We can't see what you can see. We don't know what you've done unless you tell us. The more information you provide, the more we have to work with in finidn a solution to your issue.

Thank you for providing the model of Mac you are using and the version of macOS it is running.

B

I'm trying to create a page of label for mailing purposes. I can't get the avery template on pages. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.