Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm an android user that has just purchased an I Phone 7 for my granddaughter who lives in another state from me! My question is how best to set up an Apple ID for her use with the I 7 when all I have is Samsung smart phones?

how best to set up the phone using my ID, since she has no credit cards etc.

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 12:44 PM

The best thing to do is set up Family Sharing with her. She can then have her own ID and you, as the organizer, will pay for her purchases. You can also set up Ask to Buy which restricts her purchasing anything without your approval. This will keep your data separated from her data.

If she is 13 years old or older.

Apple ID - create a new

Apple ID – Create

If she is under 13 years old, you will need to set up Family Sharing to create an ID for her.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Family Sharing -  Ask to Buy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2019 12:44 PM in response to nolan106

The best thing to do is set up Family Sharing with her. She can then have her own ID and you, as the organizer, will pay for her purchases. You can also set up Ask to Buy which restricts her purchasing anything without your approval. This will keep your data separated from her data.

If she is 13 years old or older.

Apple ID - create a new

Apple ID – Create

If she is under 13 years old, you will need to set up Family Sharing to create an ID for her.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Family Sharing -  Ask to Buy

I'm an android user that has just purchased an I Phone 7 for my granddaughter who lives in another state from me! My question is how best to set up an Apple ID for her use with the I 7 when all I have is Samsung smart phones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.