Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id for my daughter's new iphone

I bought my daughter the iphone she wanted. She's 9. I setup an apple id online for myself. I use an android so I can't setup her apple id unless I get an iphone also?!?! Seriously?

Apparently, the only way to setup her apple id is if I go by an iphone for myself and do it from there... that's terrible. I immediately regretted buying anything apple.

Any solution to this? I hope there is because is this truly what customer service has become?

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 6:38 PM

If the child is less than 13 years old, you will need to set up Family Sharing. It can be done using one device, but it is a bit more difficult using only one device. On the iPhone, sign into Settings/Your Name with your Apple ID and set up Family Sharing. Create the child's ID. Sign out of your ID and sign in with the child's ID. Swap Settings/Your Name  in as required.

Family Sharing.   *

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child.   

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2021 6:38 PM in response to DadWithAndroid

If the child is less than 13 years old, you will need to set up Family Sharing. It can be done using one device, but it is a bit more difficult using only one device. On the iPhone, sign into Settings/Your Name with your Apple ID and set up Family Sharing. Create the child's ID. Sign out of your ID and sign in with the child's ID. Swap Settings/Your Name  in as required.

Family Sharing.   *

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child.   

Oct 11, 2021 7:00 PM in response to DadWithAndroid

This is an interesting dilemma.

Eric put forward a valid, “no additional hardware” option.

However “Family Management” tasks will only increase as your daughter gets older and will want to buy apps, music, games, etc.

While I’m NOT trying to convert you to “Apple” …

… you might find that a “low end” iPad would provide you w/ a good “family management” tool AND also prove useful for other casual online browsing tasks.

You certainly DON’T have to become an iPhone user yourself.

Apple id for my daughter's new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.