Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

buying airpods

what age do you have to be to buy airpods because I am 14 and i would like to buy the airpods 2nd generation in cash.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 3:01 PM

Don't believe there's any age limitation to buy AirPods or anything else in an Apple Store for that matter.

You can walk into a store and buy anything you want. They won't make an age check for purchases in cash.

11 replies

Dec 11, 2019 8:41 AM in response to deggie

Any financing agreement you would enter into would be done through a credit card not by paying cash so does not directly apply. Only shady loan sharks let you enter into financing agreements with cash.

Changing a phone plan is outside the scope of a direct purchase with cash. Apple Stores don't change phone plans themselves. If you already have a phone plan you want to change, you are ostensibly already paying for it with a credit card as its required for post-paid phone plans and as such have already met the age requirements set forth by the carrier for that. So would surely no longer have a problem when doing that.

Neither of those options applies to purchasing AirPods directly with cash.

Again, purchasing directly with cash, should not and to my knowledge does not elicit an age check in an Apple store or regular retail store really except liqueur, adult, and ostensibly weapon stores (though clearly this is apparently not enforced as much as it should be) .

Dec 11, 2019 9:27 AM in response to Phil0124

Yes Captain Obvious I am aware of that and never said they would be doing financing with cash. Changing the phone plan requires the person who controls the account and they do have to be 18 and yes you can do this at the Apple Store.

And I said before you or anyone else in this thread that you didn’t have to be 18 to pay cash.

buying airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.