Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting my old music from my Mac to my iPhone 11 without having to be forced into subscribing to Apple Music

I have a Mac with Mojave. I bought an iPhone 11. I expected that all of my music - approx 5 GB that was on my old iPhone 6 would have transferred over to my iPhone 11. I do not subscribe to Apple Music. How convenient that the Apple Store told me that ALL my content from my iPhone was transferred to my iPhone 11 when IT WAS NOT.

Fortunately, because there's no reason for me to ever trust Apple or Microsoft, I have my music backed up on a couple of computers.

How do I get my old music from my iPhone 6 to my iPhone 11 without having to subscribe to Apple Music? On iTunes, none of my old music is there. Songs I purchased from Apple are there, but all of the old music I had - before Apple started selling music - is missing from iTunes and my iPhone 11.

I can download the music to my Mac and hook up my iPhone 11 but how to I get that music into the music library? I refuse to subscribe to Apple Music.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 9:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 11:48 PM

Watch the GIF below (You need not subscribe to Apple Music to Transfer Music from Mac to an iPhone)

4 replies

Dec 11, 2019 8:25 AM in response to KiltedTim

I have it all backed up. But this is the first time I've had it disappear from iTunes. The problem I'm having now is being able to mass import it into iTunes. I can do it one song at a time.

Apple has intentionally made this difficult. I did think about the free trial to get the music into Apple Music and then on to my iPhone but I shouldn't have to do that.

Getting my old music from my Mac to my iPhone 11 without having to be forced into subscribing to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.