Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't activate iMessage & FaceTime from specific Apple ID

Can't activate iMessage or FaceTime from any device (mac, iPhone), application throws activation error.

I tried all fixes and all guides and nothing was helped.

BUT activating iMessage & FaceTime from another Apple ID is working perfectly.

I think this is an issue related to my specific Apple ID.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 7:55 AM

Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in using my Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2019 7:55 AM in response to exymore

Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in using my Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Can't activate iMessage & FaceTime from specific Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.