Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files app not able to open PDFs in iCloud drive

On iPhone X with the latest iOS, am not able to view PDFs via the FILES app -- pops up as an "iDrive Multimedia File" in the middle of the screen without anything that could push that further. Strange thing is my iPad Pro is similarly arranged with the same latest iOS and has no problems. PDFs there view without a hitch.

Any suggestions? Please help.

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 3:49 AM

Not much to see: file name without the extension. Under it “iDrive Multimedia File” and below that the file size. Black screen text right in the middle.

The file browser did have the .pdf extension in the file name, which is usually hidden.

anyway at the advice of tech support, and I hadn’t realized that I was running iOS 10.2.3 and there is a 10.3 as of now, upgrading or maybe even that hard reset seemed to have fixed my problem. Filenames with hidden extensions back; and they are viewable by Files without a hitch.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2019 3:49 AM in response to SravanKrA

Not much to see: file name without the extension. Under it “iDrive Multimedia File” and below that the file size. Black screen text right in the middle.

The file browser did have the .pdf extension in the file name, which is usually hidden.

anyway at the advice of tech support, and I hadn’t realized that I was running iOS 10.2.3 and there is a 10.3 as of now, upgrading or maybe even that hard reset seemed to have fixed my problem. Filenames with hidden extensions back; and they are viewable by Files without a hitch.

Files app not able to open PDFs in iCloud drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.