Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad OS 13.3 Files app will not markup pdf’s stored in Google Drive

All, after upgrading my IPad Pro to 13.3, the markup tool is not available anymore when opening pdf’s with the files app that are stored on Google Drive.

What can I do?

Thanks,

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 11:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 3:21 AM

Any files accessed within Google Drive, from the native Files App, are entirely and totally dependent upon the [installed] Google Drive App for all feature support. This applies equally to other Cloud service providers - who similarly require their own App to be installed to act as a “bridge” to their services.

If you’re unable to access or consistently edit any files within a Cloud service not provided by Apple, you should look to raise a support request with the relevant Cloud App Developer.

As a workaround, if you copy the file to your iPad local storage (or Apple iCloud), you can edit/markup from there - then copy the edited file back to Google Drive when you are finished.

I hope you find this helpful in addressing your issue to appropriate sources of support - and in providing an effective workaround solution.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 3:21 AM in response to JordenHagenbeek

Any files accessed within Google Drive, from the native Files App, are entirely and totally dependent upon the [installed] Google Drive App for all feature support. This applies equally to other Cloud service providers - who similarly require their own App to be installed to act as a “bridge” to their services.

If you’re unable to access or consistently edit any files within a Cloud service not provided by Apple, you should look to raise a support request with the relevant Cloud App Developer.

As a workaround, if you copy the file to your iPad local storage (or Apple iCloud), you can edit/markup from there - then copy the edited file back to Google Drive when you are finished.

I hope you find this helpful in addressing your issue to appropriate sources of support - and in providing an effective workaround solution.

iPad OS 13.3 Files app will not markup pdf’s stored in Google Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.