Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All movies cannot be found and showing duplicates in list

1. All my movies suddenly got "lost" in the TV app. I can go through one at a time and "find" them again, but I have over 450 movies and I would like to "find" them all at once. Is there no way to do this?
  2. A bunch of my movies are showing up as duplicates in the TV app list. There is only one file in the Finder for each. If I try to delete either movie file, it simply says "Hide" not delete.

Any ideas?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 11:31 AM

6 replies

Dec 14, 2019 11:31 AM in response to Michael Reiland

Are you able to organize files through TV Preferences > Files?

Take a look if they’ve somehow been hidden

Click on View My Account

On the page that appears, scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section. 

Next to Hidden Purchases, click Manage

Dec 14, 2019 9:21 AM in response to Vancouver22

Yes, I can see them all. It’s the TV app that can’t find the file. So, I have to manually locate each one.

i have found out that the problem seems to be that when I upgraded to Catalina, the TV thinks it organized them all within a unique folder for each movie and within an unique Season folder within a unique Show folder for each TV show episode. However, it didn’t do that and now the app can’t find the files. I can manually correct this for each one, but with 500 movies and 4,000 TV show episodes I would rather avoid that. I’m hoping there’s a way to have the App do that (such as the “rebuild library” for iTunes). The “organize files” in the library menu item is greyed out because it thinks that’s already done.

Dec 14, 2019 12:41 PM in response to Vancouver22

Ok, I’m not sure if I’m saying this wrong or if you’re not reading what I’m writing. First, it’s not that I can’t see the movies in the list, they are showing in the list. It’s that the TV app can’t locate the file attached to the movie. So, when I try to play one, it add sad is me to locate it. Once I do that, it works fine. But I don’t want to have to do that for 5,000 files.

Second, I think I said clearly that the “organize” selection is greyed out with a note that they are already organized, which they are not.

Thanks.

All movies cannot be found and showing duplicates in list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.