Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading photos with Image Capture

I just updated to OS10.15.2, and now Image Capture won't work when I transfer photos from my Nikon camera to my iMac. Image Capture "sees" the camera, but photos won't download. Everything worked fine before I updated the OS. Help!

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 12:52 PM

8 replies

Dec 12, 2019 10:08 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Hi again Keith. Well, this is very interesting. I tried again this morning to download using Image Capture -- no luck. Then, on your recommendation I tried Photos, and it did work. Well, that was good news, but I still want to continue to download raw files directly to my own personal filing system using Image Capture. So ... just for the heck of it I went to Image Capture again, and Voila! it worked. The app opened normally with the two small icons on the lower left, which had been missing previously.

Fantastic! Thank you very much, Cheers from Walter

Dec 12, 2019 1:35 PM in response to Walter Coates

The system depends on additional drivers to support RAW formats. It could be that one of the recent updates loaded the driver to your system. See https://www.nikonimgsupport.com/eu/BV_article?articleNo=000004911&configured=1&lang=en_GB

In some cases, I had to use a third party software package to convert RAW formats for some cameras into TIFF files that GIMP and the Mac software could use. If you go into System Report in About This Mac, you will see an entry marked Raw Support. This will show the software drivers that you have loaded on your system.

downloading photos with Image Capture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.