Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macOS Monterey Version 12.3.1 will not let me down load photo from my Nikon D7000 camera using Nikon software "Nikon transfer 2. Software came with camera

My macOS Monterey Version 12.3.1 will not let me down load photos from my Nikon D7000 camera using Nikon software that came with camera.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 6:39 AM

Update ...

I did a little more research and found that the latest iteration of Nikon View/Transfer is Nikon NXStudio. It's qualified on MacOS® 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina) and 11.0 (Big Sur). It's available from Nikon as a free download. Just be aware that there is still no guarantee it will run on Monterey.

Again, you really do not need any special software to import images from your D7000 or your SD cards. And if your interest in the Nikon software is because you want to edit your images, you can edit with Photos and iMovie quite nicely.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 6:39 AM in response to MartinR

Update ...

I did a little more research and found that the latest iteration of Nikon View/Transfer is Nikon NXStudio. It's qualified on MacOS® 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina) and 11.0 (Big Sur). It's available from Nikon as a free download. Just be aware that there is still no guarantee it will run on Monterey.

Again, you really do not need any special software to import images from your D7000 or your SD cards. And if your interest in the Nikon software is because you want to edit your images, you can edit with Photos and iMovie quite nicely.

Apr 17, 2022 1:07 PM in response to InformationforNikonsoftware

Nikon has not updated Nikon Transfer2/ViewNX2 since 2015 on macOS Yosemite (10.10) ... and I would not hold out any hope of Nikon updating it for Monterey.

You should be able to download photos from your D7000 simply by connecting the camera to your Mac with an appropriate USB cable and using Image Capture or insert your SD card(s) into a card reader and use Image Capture.

Apr 17, 2022 5:41 PM in response to lllaass

"https://nikon-transfer.updatestar.com/en"

I'd be very wary of this. There is no Nikon Transfer is 2.13.7 on any official Nikon website that I have been able to find. I'd question the source of any such software on third party sites like updatestar.

NikonView NXi appears to be the latest official variant of NikonView; it's compatible with the D7000 but also has not been updated past Big Sur.

As a Nikon user myself, I have never found NikonView to be especially useful. For importing images, I just plug my SD or CF cards into a card reader and use the Finder to transfer images to my Mac. You can also use Image Capture but in my experience it just adds an unnecessary step to transferring images. Also, using a card reader will be way faster than direct transfer from the D7000.

Apr 18, 2022 9:38 AM in response to MartinR

Thank you Martin,

I have been using my Nikon D7000 and View NX2 with Nikon transfer for about ten years. I do my processing using Affinity Photo. I like the Nikon format and being familiar with the program showing all the metadata and previous downloads, and the ability to quickly move to previous down loads.

Thank you for your information I had already downloaded Nikon NXStudio. I previously used Adobe Photoshop until it was out dated on my computer. Switched to Affinity, like it very much along with their publishing program.

Thanks again for your suggestions

Bill G

My macOS Monterey Version 12.3.1 will not let me down load photo from my Nikon D7000 camera using Nikon software "Nikon transfer 2. Software came with camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.