Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro software update

I have two volumes on my MacBook Pro. The main volume is running Catalina. The smaller volume is running Mojave so I can continue to use a few 32 bit apps I cannot live without. As of today there are three updates to Mojave - a security update, an update to Safari and a print driver update. When I ask for the updates to occur I get the message, "Can't connect to the Apple Software Update server. Make sure you're connected to the internet, and they try again."

I am connected to the internet, both with an ethernet cable and through my home wireless LAN. Safari does connect to the internet. Any ideas?

Thanks - Gary

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 3:51 PM

7 replies

Dec 12, 2019 12:55 PM in response to Gary645

That message is decidedly unhelpful because you know full well that you're connected to the Internet. What it ought to say is that it can't establish a secure connection to Apple's servers which is another story altogether. There are a number of reasons for that.

Try this link instead, since it uses a different connection: Download Security Update 2019-002 (Mojave)

That update may incorporate Safari 13.0.4... I'm not sure. Download and install it, and after your Mac reboots check the Safari version.

I don't know what print driver you require (most recent printers don't), and if your printer is working properly I'd be reluctant to do anything about it. If you want to pursue it though, I'd start with the printer manufacturer's support site.

MacBook Pro software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.