Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Original Photos Download Interrupted by Power Loss

Upgraded to 10.15.2 last night.

1) Install went fine.

2) Initated download of all my originals from my iCloud photo library to my iMac. It was flying. It was 88% done in about 20 hours. (1.4tb of 1.6tb)

3) However, I had a power loss. Unbelievable luck. When I rebooted after power was restored, Photos was right where I expected it to be: about 10% of the items to go ("Downloading 10500 originals"). However, it immediately went to this message "Restoring from iCloud" 

My question is: Is the download of originals in some way corrupted because of the power loss? Should I do what I did the other day all over again (re-install OS, start download from scratch?)

It was going incredibly well before the power loss after two months of trouble shooting my iCloud sync I had finally made some progress. Just don't know how to proceed.

Give it some time? What does "Restoring from iCloud" mean?

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 7:34 AM

The photos will start resuming from the point where it stopped , the next photos that has not been yet synced will start syncing from icloud server to the photo application when the Mac is connected with wifi and connected to power point see the article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204264

Similar questions

1 reply

iCloud Original Photos Download Interrupted by Power Loss

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.