Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos is broken. Will not download from iCloud.

About two weeks ago I used a ‘garbage’ duplicate file remover on my photos. It never worked correctly. Now it would seem my library is corrupted. Photos stopped syncing to iCloud. I’ve received variations of ‘downloading from iCloud’ ‘updating library’

To solve I’ve

Toggled iCloud download in preferences

Restarted

Updated

Ensured there’s memory on the disk

Rebuilt or repaired the library

let the computer download for hours

I’m running the current software 25 May 2022 using high speed Internet.

The only change I’m seeing is that some recent photos are duplicating on my iPhone / iPad

Posted on May 24, 2022 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 8:25 AM

The junk file program was called Cisdem … stay away. Any guesses if I can get a refund? No way.

my photos have recovered.

here’s the deal

I changed the power settings and selected * do not allow computer to sleep while plugged in

ensured the wifi was good

left the computer alone for about two hours.

it worked

couple notes

Im not using the correct terminology on a few computer specific actions, you need to read between the lines.

I did let the computer run with photos open for several hours and had no change. I imagine that the disk was going to sleep prolonging the process.

Dont run Cisdem, it’s trash and has wasted weeks of my time. Also no response from their customer service.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 8:25 AM in response to tiyal

The junk file program was called Cisdem … stay away. Any guesses if I can get a refund? No way.

my photos have recovered.

here’s the deal

I changed the power settings and selected * do not allow computer to sleep while plugged in

ensured the wifi was good

left the computer alone for about two hours.

it worked

couple notes

Im not using the correct terminology on a few computer specific actions, you need to read between the lines.

I did let the computer run with photos open for several hours and had no change. I imagine that the disk was going to sleep prolonging the process.

Dont run Cisdem, it’s trash and has wasted weeks of my time. Also no response from their customer service.

Photos is broken. Will not download from iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.