Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are Blue Alerts on my iPhone?

I keep getting "Blue Alerts" on my iPhone. Does anyone know what they are?

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 6:04 AM

What are Blue Alerts and why they are sent:

1. A law enforcement officer must have been killed or seriously injured by an offender.
  2. The investigating law enforcement agency must determine that the offender poses a serious risk or threat to the public and other law enforcement personnel.
  3. A detailed description of the offender's vehicle, vehicle tag, or partial tag must be available for broadcast to the public.
  4. The investigating law enforcement agency of jurisdiction must recommend activation of the Blue Alert to the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2019 6:04 AM in response to AppleAnswerDude

What are Blue Alerts and why they are sent:

1. A law enforcement officer must have been killed or seriously injured by an offender.
  2. The investigating law enforcement agency must determine that the offender poses a serious risk or threat to the public and other law enforcement personnel.
  3. A detailed description of the offender's vehicle, vehicle tag, or partial tag must be available for broadcast to the public.
  4. The investigating law enforcement agency of jurisdiction must recommend activation of the Blue Alert to the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS).

What are Blue Alerts on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.