Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GMail email missing on Mac

I have somehow lost all of my Gmail email previous to Sept. 11, 2019. I have had this gmail account for years and had many emails that I was holding on to. I just discovered this issue and am wondering if I have a Time Machine backup before the previously mentioned Sept date, could I recover those emails in Mac Mail?

Google and Gmail assistance is nearly impossible to reach. I have gone through all the steps they suggest in the Help feature but none apply.

Help!

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 1:05 PM

Hello,

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

In a browser login to gmail.com & see if they are on the Server... it is IMAP & not POP right?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2019 1:05 PM in response to willyandjetta

Hello,

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

In a browser login to gmail.com & see if they are on the Server... it is IMAP & not POP right?

GMail email missing on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.