Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

collaboration option unavailable

Hello, I've been trying to share items with people and it's not giving me the option. I've tried sharing documents, I've tried creating shared photo albums, etc. The Share dropdown does not give "Add People" as an option. When I go into "More" and it takes you to the menu where you can select the possible ways you would want to share, the "Add People" option is already pre-selected and grayed out. But yet, it doesn't appear on any of my share menus. I noticed this option when away after the new update but all of my Apple devices are 2018 or newer so I know they aren't too old to handle the update. Any thoughts?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 9:07 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 12, 2019 9:24 AM in response to adr4644

adr4644 wrote:

Hello, I've been trying to share items with people and it's not giving me the option. I've tried sharing documents, I've tried creating shared photo albums, etc. The Share dropdown does not give "Add People" as an option. When I go into "More" and it takes you to the menu where you can select the possible ways you would want to share, the "Add People" option is already pre-selected and grayed out. But yet, it doesn't appear on any of my share menus. I noticed this option when away after the new update but all of my Apple devices are 2018 or newer so I know they aren't too old to handle the update. Any thoughts?

If the album is already created then click on the People button and you should get this window:

If the people you want to share with do not have Macs then create a public website and email the URL of the shared album to them.

collaboration option unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.