Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange losing of Midi from keyboard

Hello everyone!

I would be very happy if someone could help me with the following problem! I am already quite desperate!

If I play the middle G via my keyboard connected via Midi, it either doesn't work at all or hangs (sound does not end).

And here it comes: any other software has no problems of this kind! Garage-Band for example plays the G without any problems, other programs as well. So it's not the keyboard or the cable or the midi interface, but Logic!

What can it be? What can I do?

Thank you very much for your help!

Greetings from Zippo!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 3:49 PM

Sometimes Logic decides it needs to assign a control surface to the MIDI contoller, it seems to happen randomly although there may be something that triggers it. Like plugging the keyboard in while Logic is up and running.

4 replies

Strange losing of Midi from keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.