Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos issues

Anyone else had this problem? I was on a cruise. Took pics with iPhone and digital camera. Each night I would upload the pics from my camera sd card into my iPad, and airdrop the pics from my phone. I would edit all the pics, put them in the correct order, and then put them into an album on my iPad photos app I played a slideshow off my iPad and all was well. Until I got home and hooked up to iCloud!

when I did so, the album appeared on my Mac mini desktop, but the pictures are all out of order!! Plus, the albums on my iPad and iPhone are mirror images of the album in my desktop.

How can I fix this? Any Ideas? Any quick solutions? Any ideas what is causing this? I realise the format of the sd card is different to the iPhone and photos formats, but I assumed if they were put in order on the iPad, when the album was created, they would stay in order..

cheers

john

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 1:34 PM

The main Photo library view in Mac Photos doesn't let you choose a sort order. But you can easily view your photos sorted by time or title by creating a Smart Album and using that to view your photos instead.

Photos sort in the following order:

Photos - by date oldest first

Memories - by date oldest first and grouped by location.

Favorites - by date oldest first

Places - by date oldest first

Imports - by date oldest first

User created albums and smart albums

All controlled by the capture date and that could have been controlled by the time setting of your iPhone and the digital camera and the GPS settings.

If you go to the top menu bar in PHOTOS - Image - adjust Date and Time. that can be used to correct any problems caused by incorrect GPS settings.

I tend to use Smart Albums - hope that this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2019 1:34 PM in response to johnfrombrush prairie

The main Photo library view in Mac Photos doesn't let you choose a sort order. But you can easily view your photos sorted by time or title by creating a Smart Album and using that to view your photos instead.

Photos sort in the following order:

Photos - by date oldest first

Memories - by date oldest first and grouped by location.

Favorites - by date oldest first

Places - by date oldest first

Imports - by date oldest first

User created albums and smart albums

All controlled by the capture date and that could have been controlled by the time setting of your iPhone and the digital camera and the GPS settings.

If you go to the top menu bar in PHOTOS - Image - adjust Date and Time. that can be used to correct any problems caused by incorrect GPS settings.

I tend to use Smart Albums - hope that this helps.

Photos issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.