Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air Screen making unusual Lines

Hello, Got Brand New Macbook air 13 Inch (2019) Model.

Screen Flickering Every time I turn It On, Making Some "lines" on screen and Then disappearing.

How to resolve this problem?

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 8:01 AM

Hello TengoKGB,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand your Mac seems to be showing some flickering lines when you start it up.

Is this only happening during the startup process, or do you find it sometimes happens while using the Mac as well?

As a start, I recommend that you reset your NVRAM as shown here: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If the issue persists, try booting your Mac into macOS Recovery mode and keep an eye on it to see if the lines appear while macOS Recovery loads, or after. To access macOS Recovery, turn your Mac off and immediately press and hold Command + R until you see a globe: About macOS Recovery. After testing, just click Apple menu () > Restart to get back to normal.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 8:01 AM in response to TengoKGB

Hello TengoKGB,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand your Mac seems to be showing some flickering lines when you start it up.

Is this only happening during the startup process, or do you find it sometimes happens while using the Mac as well?

As a start, I recommend that you reset your NVRAM as shown here: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If the issue persists, try booting your Mac into macOS Recovery mode and keep an eye on it to see if the lines appear while macOS Recovery loads, or after. To access macOS Recovery, turn your Mac off and immediately press and hold Command + R until you see a globe: About macOS Recovery. After testing, just click Apple menu () > Restart to get back to normal.

Take care.

Macbook air Screen making unusual Lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.