Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro is dead after catalina install

After 1 hours use of catalina, my macbook goes completely black.. no sound, no lights no nothing..

ive talked to support and theres no restart og tricks that does anything.

took it to apple repair shop and they say i need a new logic board, and im out of warrenty.

So do i buy a new logic board with the risk of friyng it again, or do i turn back to windows after 24 years of osx..?

i see that theres is quite alot of people in the same situation.

if anybody has any comments or similar experience, please let me know.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 12:29 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 14, 2019 8:38 PM in response to RKronborg

RKronborg wrote:

took it to apple repair shop and they say i need a new logic board, and im out of warrenty.
So do i buy a new logic board with the risk of friyng it again, or do i turn back to windows after 24 years of osx..?

If Apple has determined the Logic Board is defective, then have them replace the Logic Board if you feel the cost is worth it. Why would your replacement Logic Board "fry again"? Things can just fail whether they are used a lot or just sitting around unused. FYI, Apple repairs have a 90 day part warranty.

macbook pro is dead after catalina install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.