Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 13in dead after Catalina update

Hello,

Last year during the pandemic I was updating my laptop to Catalina.

As the white bar went to the end it looked as if it was going to restart, but nothing at all. I spoke with apple and tried everything, and I mean everything.

Did anyone else have this issue?

I've seen articles where people have had this problem and apple is fixing the logic board because of it, but when I contact apple they have no idea or even acknowledge that its an issue.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 10:29 AM

If you’ve truly tried everything already (presumably including trying a boot from external storage), and have already discussed this failure with Apple in detail, then there is nothing left to try here, and you’re left to obtain a replacement, or to migrate to a different platform.

Hardware failures can and do arise, and there are various reports of hardware failures with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple II, iPod, pretty much everything. I’ve seen catastrophic storage hardware failures too, as have many others.

Here are the published Apple service programs > Apple Service Programs - Apple Support and with nothing seemingly relevant.

Only Apple knows if there are other service programs, or what the particular requirements or expectations there might be.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 10:29 AM in response to princessliv2

If you’ve truly tried everything already (presumably including trying a boot from external storage), and have already discussed this failure with Apple in detail, then there is nothing left to try here, and you’re left to obtain a replacement, or to migrate to a different platform.

Hardware failures can and do arise, and there are various reports of hardware failures with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple II, iPod, pretty much everything. I’ve seen catastrophic storage hardware failures too, as have many others.

Here are the published Apple service programs > Apple Service Programs - Apple Support and with nothing seemingly relevant.

Only Apple knows if there are other service programs, or what the particular requirements or expectations there might be.

MacBook Air 13in dead after Catalina update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.