Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto - delete folder

How do you delete a folder? On the column on the left side of the iPhoto window, where all the albums and folders line up. I've got a folder with nothing in it and just want it gone. Highlighting it and hitting the delete key does nothing, can't drag it into the trash - what is the big mystery here?

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 3:40 PM

Control (right) - click on the folder and select Delete Folder from the contextual menu.

3 replies

Dec 13, 2019 3:55 PM in response to Old Toad

Correct Old Toad, I figured it out right after I posted. Although a lot of the confusion is I've never used a mouse, only had laptops, so the right/left clicking advice always throws me as there is no right/left click. Best way to explain it to luddites like me is:

Select the folder by clicking it then, hold down "control" key, then click pad again, then the little satellite menu pops up and you can select "delete folder" option there - or "album" or whatever.

They never freakin' explain it that way for the rest of us, causing all kinds of useless lost time. Furthermore, why they just don't let you delete it as simply as everything else with the delete button, or from a pull down selection from the top bar, is beyond me.

iphoto - delete folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.