Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message keyboard halfway up page

My keyboard has migrated to halfway up my screen in my messages. When I type a message the keyboard goes down to the bottom but the menu That was underneath it with the App Store, emoji and photo options moves to the top of the screen I cannot get this to move back down it is cutting off my text messages and is very annoying. I am not sure if I am making much sense so I have attached pictures to try to demonstrate my point a bit clearer. Thank you in advance for all your help, I apologise for my English.

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 9:08 AM

Hey there bdn272,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand the on screen keyboard has unexpectedly changed positions. I’ll be happy to help.

Force close the app and restart your iPhone using the steps from the following links and see if this helps:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue returns, check for an update to iOS. This can help isolate the cause of this:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 9:08 AM in response to bdn272

Hey there bdn272,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand the on screen keyboard has unexpectedly changed positions. I’ll be happy to help.

Force close the app and restart your iPhone using the steps from the following links and see if this helps:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue returns, check for an update to iOS. This can help isolate the cause of this:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this helps.

Text message keyboard halfway up page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.