Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple billed me 69.99 with no explanation of charge I went to correct link and there are no purchases on my account for or totaling this Amy???

how to I contact the appropriate person or department to refund this error in charges before going to my pmt source to deny the charge??

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 3:34 PM

If the only indication of the charges is from an email or text, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. See: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it is a real charge, see the following instructions. They include information on contacting Apple Support if the other steps don't help: If you see apple.com/bill, itunes.com/bill, or an unfamiliar charge on your statement - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2019 3:34 PM in response to 123FigureItOut

If the only indication of the charges is from an email or text, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. See: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it is a real charge, see the following instructions. They include information on contacting Apple Support if the other steps don't help: If you see apple.com/bill, itunes.com/bill, or an unfamiliar charge on your statement - Apple Support

Dec 13, 2019 4:29 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for responding FoxFith,

I received no email as the usual bill from any purchase. I went to my Payment source (credit card) statement and saw the charge from apple.com/bill, with phone number 866-712-7753- I called it but its only a recorded message-

In addition that bill the wording under it says running balance $75.97, with a transaction date & a posted date.

In my apple account ( I did check the purchase history) there are no charges for this amount or totaling this amt.... I just need them to contact me so I don't have to contact my payment source provider to refuse the charges... Wondering if anyone else is having this billing issue--- also I did check out the links to make sure they were apple, not a phishing link ...

thanks again for trying to help me... I emailed them at apple support to report the unfamiliar charge..

Dec 14, 2019 9:39 AM in response to 123FigureItOut

There's no one to contact. Thousands of these types of scam emails and messages go out every day. They all have one basic thing in common: A link (usually really big) to cancel the purchase, or login to your Apple account.

Apple does not include such links in their iTunes or App Store messages - ever. The whole idea of these things is to get you to enter personal information on a scam site.

Apple billed me 69.99 with no explanation of charge I went to correct link and there are no purchases on my account for or totaling this Amy???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.