Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I keep my Smart Battery Case on my iPhone 11 Pro all the time?

I ask because my phone battery stays at 100% all day while the case is connected and I just don't want to hurt my phone's battery or Smart Battery Case by it always being connected and keeping my phone at 100% I have had the case for 4 days and my phone hasn't been below 100% until the case dies.

I also charge my phone while it's in the case each night while I sleep so both the case and phone stay fully charged.

Does anyone know the ins and outs of how to properly charge the Smart Battery Case and iPhone?

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 12:14 PM

Hi destingooch,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you have some questions regarding how you are using your Smart Battery Case with your iPhone 11 Pro. I am happy to address these questions.

Based on your description, I would not see a concern for how you are choosing to use and charge your Smart Battery Case with your iPhone: Charge your iPhone with your Smart Battery Case – Apple Support. There should not be a concern about damaging your iPhone battery, as Apple uses Lithium-ion batteries: Batteries - Apple. You can charge your battery whenever you want, and not worry about causing harm. I invite you to learn more about how Lithium-ion batteries charge here: Batteries - Why Lithium-ion? - Apple.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 12:14 PM in response to destingooch

Hi destingooch,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you have some questions regarding how you are using your Smart Battery Case with your iPhone 11 Pro. I am happy to address these questions.

Based on your description, I would not see a concern for how you are choosing to use and charge your Smart Battery Case with your iPhone: Charge your iPhone with your Smart Battery Case – Apple Support. There should not be a concern about damaging your iPhone battery, as Apple uses Lithium-ion batteries: Batteries - Apple. You can charge your battery whenever you want, and not worry about causing harm. I invite you to learn more about how Lithium-ion batteries charge here: Batteries - Why Lithium-ion? - Apple.

Best regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.