Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update from 10.9.5

My MacBook Pro is old and not really used in several years and I need to update it to 'hopefully' the latest version as nothing will work.

Software: OS X 10.9.5

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

In App Store, under 'Updates' it says "No app updates available". I click on "show incompatible app updates" just to be sure and can only see Garage Band and etc. I've also checked 'Software Update' from the apple icon in the left corner but there's nothing there.. What do I do? I understand I have to do a lot of updates to get even close to the newest one, is that correct? What do I do when I can't find any updates?

In 'App Store' in System Preferences I've turned on 'Install app updates' and 'Automatically download apps purchased on other Macs', just to have them all ticked out. These two were missing, the rest has always been ticked. Adding these two didn't do anything.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 7:47 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and download Catalina.

(176981)

1 reply

Can't update from 10.9.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.