Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Download Folders

I use iCloud Drive to manage all my Data.

It seems that I have Two Download Folders :

One in iCloud Drive and one Locally (in my iMac).

Why ?

Why do I need both ?

How can I only use the Download Folder under the iCloud ?

As sometimes the files are saved in each folder instead of one.

Any Advice will be appreciated.

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 6:55 PM

Open safari and its preferences , click on general under files download location you have created an untitled folder , so when ever you download files , it goes into this folder and seen in finder under downloads or you have selected Macintosh HD from the drop down arrows to select the locations ( most probably it is Macintosh HD location ) .

See the section for file download section in the article https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/safari/ibrw1072/mac

You can select default location as downloads in safari preferences .

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 6:55 PM in response to rony-z

Open safari and its preferences , click on general under files download location you have created an untitled folder , so when ever you download files , it goes into this folder and seen in finder under downloads or you have selected Macintosh HD from the drop down arrows to select the locations ( most probably it is Macintosh HD location ) .

See the section for file download section in the article https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/safari/ibrw1072/mac

You can select default location as downloads in safari preferences .

Dec 17, 2019 1:59 PM in response to rony-z

Hi there, Rony!

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. If I understand, you'd like to know why there are two separate folders titled Downloads. I'm happy to help!

The Downloads folder you see under iCloud Drive pertains specifically to documents and files you download and access from iCloud Drive. The other Downloads folder is for everything else you download from the internet.

Check out Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support for more information.

Cheers!

Two Download Folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.