Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I choose which downloads folder to sync to iCloud

In my iCloud Drive, the Downloads folder from my iPad is stored on it. How can I change that to store the Downloads folder from my Mac to iCloud, and is it possible to store both at once?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 10:39 AM

Hi Banana2009,

You can use the steps from Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive to sync those specific folders with iCloud Drive for access across all of your devices and to free up storage space on the Mac. Any files you wish to benefit from these features would need to be stored in either the Documents folder or on your Desktop of the Mac.

Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 10:39 AM in response to Banana2009

Hi Banana2009,

You can use the steps from Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive to sync those specific folders with iCloud Drive for access across all of your devices and to free up storage space on the Mac. Any files you wish to benefit from these features would need to be stored in either the Documents folder or on your Desktop of the Mac.

Regards.

How do I choose which downloads folder to sync to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.