Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup downloads folder to icloud

My default downloads folder resides in my Mac. I want to back it up to Icloud account automatically so that I can access those files from my iPad and iPhone. How do I do that?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 7:49 AM

The default download folder is inbuilt with Mac , whatever files inside will remain inside it , neither that download folder can be backed up with iCloud .

However you can select and copy and then paste Mac keyboard shortcuts - Apple Support those files in finder > iCloud Drive > Documents , those files will sync with iPhone / iPad when they are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network Keep your files up to date and share them with iCloud Drive - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2022 7:49 AM in response to hkmehta

The default download folder is inbuilt with Mac , whatever files inside will remain inside it , neither that download folder can be backed up with iCloud .

However you can select and copy and then paste Mac keyboard shortcuts - Apple Support those files in finder > iCloud Drive > Documents , those files will sync with iPhone / iPad when they are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network Keep your files up to date and share them with iCloud Drive - Apple Support

backup downloads folder to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.