Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone Touch ID does not work

My iPhone 6 is giving me a message that Touch ID is not working and I am only allowed to use my password. What should I do to stop this

iPhone 6

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 10:46 AM

The next step I would suggest is to buy a new phone, unfortunately.

This is because, if you have tried the steps posted by MrBill3 and they have not helped, the next step is to take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider or contact Apple Support.

However, the iPhone 6 out of warranty repair/replacement fee is $299 in the US, for an iPhone that is 5 years old and doesn't support iOS 13: iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2019 10:46 AM in response to RKmoeegs1674

The next step I would suggest is to buy a new phone, unfortunately.

This is because, if you have tried the steps posted by MrBill3 and they have not helped, the next step is to take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider or contact Apple Support.

However, the iPhone 6 out of warranty repair/replacement fee is $299 in the US, for an iPhone that is 5 years old and doesn't support iOS 13: iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Dec 15, 2019 11:49 AM in response to RKmoeegs1674

FYI

I have had my 6 and my right thumb works but my left thumb only works for a day to a week and stops. I have other fingers do the same. My wife I can put hers in once and it sticks any finger. I just needed up living with one finger that works well with it.

I'd suggest you try your best to follow the instructions to put finger print on device and you work through all your fingers if you keep having problem - it could be like mine - one finger or more that just won't stick well.

My iPhone Touch ID does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.