Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mattgroves asked: macOS Catalina intermittently issuing "Your computer is now running on UPS backup battery power. Save your documents and shut down soon"

Back in the dawn of time (just under two whole entire months ago, gazillions of picoseconds!), mattgroves asked in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250754511 the above question.

I'm also having the problem now that I'm starting to upgrade machines to Catalina, has there been any real resolution except "make sure you are up to date"?

Thanks!

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 8:01 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Dec 14, 2019 7:47 PM in response to wpns

I have used both models over time. What a coincidence. Both machines occasionally perform a battery check. When they do they cause the system to run from the battery for a few moments to assure the battery is OK. The test is very short but you will see that notification when it is testing.

mattgroves asked: macOS Catalina intermittently issuing "Your computer is now running on UPS backup battery power. Save your documents and shut down soon"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.